Monday, January 23, 2012

Again With the Dogs

I have said before in my other blog that I find it beyond annoying when people treat animals like people. Now I'm saying it again. But first, some background.

I grew up with pets. We had lots of pets. We had birds, fish, dogs, cats, chickens, and a horse. At some point there was a turtle, a guinea pig, and a hamster too. I loved all my pets. I was more fond of some of them than others. I cried over some of them when they were given away or died or got hit by a car or something. My sister had a little dog that I was so in love with. That dog would sing with me and I was hooked on her and she wasn't even mine. My in-laws used to have a retriever that would just curl up and be this giant ball of love that could win you over faster than anything. The Mighty D (aka my husband) used to use that dog like a pillow when we'd visit and that dog just did not care, or at least he tolerated it without complaint.

So I understand loving animals as I have done it myself. But that doesn't change the fact that they are FREAKING ANIMALS AND NOT CHILDREN. I will never love one of them as much as I love Thing 1, Thing 2, and Baby Girl. (aka son 1, son 2, and the daughter)

The source of this rant is from stupid facebook again. I started making bows a month or so ago and I love it. I started making them for Baby Girl because she has wild crazy hair that needs bows. I make them for her because she is my HUMAN daughter that I love like mad. I make each one of them for her and while I do, I picture it on her pretty little head. I make each of them with joy and love in my heart for this child that has me wrapped like twine around her teeny tiny fingers.

Then I get a comment on facebook from a woman who uses her dog as her profile so she can play the lame facebook games. When she leaves me comments, she does it AS HER DOG. Literally. All of her comments tend to be doggey in nature. I find it dumb myself but whatever. I don't care. Until she made a comment about Baby Girl's bows and how they should be sold to a groomer for dogs.

Really? I know there was no malice intended, I mean come on, the comment CAME from a dog right? So I guess I should be flattered that even a dog would like to wear my hand made with love bows. Yet somehow, I am just not. Maybe she thought I should sell them to make money or something, I don't know. I was so irritated, I deleted the comment.

Do you think the doggey author will mind?

1 comment:

  1. Haha...I love my dogs, but they are NOT allowed to sleep in my bed, eat off our plates or even be in the room when one of my *Littles* visits due to his extreme allergy. Pets are great, but they are PETS...big pet peeve (pun intended) of mine!!

    ReplyDelete